ABC Companies Debuts New Van Hool CX45E All Electric, Zero Emissions Coach at UMA Expo 2020.
- January 21, 2020
- Posted by abcmarketing
- Comments Off on ABC Companies Debuts New Van Hool CX45E All Electric, Zero Emissions Coach at UMA Expo 2020.
Craftsmanship, Innovation and Style Abound on Electrified Version of Industry-Leading CX Series.
With seating for up to 56 passengers, the advanced All Electric Van Hool CX45E brings the reliability and performance of the sales-leading Van Hool CX series to a zero-emissions platform. For operators who are looking to expand their fleets with EV, the Van Hool CX45E All Electric coach delivers the full feature/functionality of a premium motorcoach that has been purpose built to eliminate carbon emissions and fuel and oil-related costs while providing an extraordinarily quiet, smooth transport experience. By design, the new CX45E is ready to integrate with existing ICE Van Hool and mixed fleets with the added bonus of extensive components interchangeability for operators currently running Van Hool CX Series models.
“As EV adoption becomes increasingly popular in the motorcoach sector, ABC is prepared and proud to help operators smoothly transition EV into their fleets,” said Mr. Roman Cornell, President and Chief Commercial Officer, ABC Companies. “The new CX45E is the culmination of three leading organizations who understand the deeper ramifications of EV fleet integration”, he added. From understanding if EV is right for your operation via simulating and analyzing route requirements, to modeling a charging infrastructure that supports daily power needs, to understanding the overall cost of ownership, ABC along with partners Van Hool and Proterra are positioned to help owners fully explore the EV ownership investment and support development of an optimal operating environment according to Mr. Cornell.
The new Van Hool CX45E combines the Siemens modular ELFA II drivetrain system with Proterra’s industry leading E2 high-power, high-density battery system, in conjunction with energy-efficient ELFA drive and converter technology to support daily range targets for operators. With an optimized chassis that has been engineered for balanced weight distribution, and featuring premium passenger and driver amenities, the Van Hool CX45E can seamlessly integrate into existing fleet operations without compromising rideability, passenger comfort or performance.
Van Hool CX45E Performance Highlights include:
- Siemens ELFA II Motor
- Proterra E2 660kWh battery (NMC Lithium Ion)
- Max. Power: 360 kW
- Rated Power: 310kW
- Max. Torque: 4.240 Nm
- Nominal Range: 220 miles*
- Top speed: 71 mph
- Charge Time: < 5 hrs. (5%-95%) with 150kW charging system
- Plug/Adapter: Universal J1772-CCS Type 1 (50kW, 60kW,120kW)
- Charge ports: Available with rear curbside or front curbside
- EVSE type/voltage: DC/750VDC
* Proterra E2 battery technology offers a nominal capacity of 660 kWh. A range above 200 miles is projected before needing to recharge. Many real-world factors affect range such as driving style, outdoor temperatures, weather, wind, topography and road conditions.
Van Hool CX45E Passenger/Driver Amenities Highlights:
From the passenger entrance to the rear coach compartment and throughout, a modern, clean design- style is featured including:
- Modular Entry at Stairwell featuring “Down Lit” safety lighting
- Low-profile, brushed aluminum handrails for passenger security, long wear and modern style
- Soft touch and textured finishes on seating, modesty panels, dash and throughout passenger area offer a sleek, inviting interior look
- Blackened window frames, trim and seat tracks create a luxury cabin look and with less maintenance for owners
- Modesty panels with enlarged cup holders and generous passenger leg room
- Interior and parcel rack lighting
- Side entry restroom expands footprint, and features sleek inset design elements and brushed metal finishes
- Digital amenities and more
- Comfortable, ample driver’s area
- Inlaid driver’s dash cubby
- Anti-skid dash board material
- Integrated reinforced dash molding for low profile mounting of ELDs or other auxiliary screens
- Additional cup holder, 12V Outlet and USB
The All Electric Van Hool CX45E will be at ABC Booth #200 during UMA Expo 2020 and the ABC team, as well as representatives from Van Hool and Proterra will be on-hand to present in-depth product specifications and provide additional details about this exciting new product, available exclusively in North America from ABC Companies.
ABC Companies is a leading provider to the transportation industry with diverse product and service offerings that cover a full spectrum of operational needs including new and pre-owned full-size highway coach equipment along with transit specialty vehicles. ABC supports customers with a comprehensive after sale service network for service and repairs, collision services, extensive OEM and quality aftermarket parts needs for transit, motorcoach and heavy-duty equipment from ten strategically placed locations throughout the U.S. and Canada. Additionally, private and municipal financing and leasing options are available through the company’s financial services group – one of the largest financial service providers within the industry. For more information, contact ABC Companies at 800-222-2875 or visit the company web site at www.abc-companies.com